Visiting students can assimilate evidence from our historical sources and assess their reliability and value. We are happy to welcome individual students pursuing projects or teachers researching material for use in the classroom.
A prior appointment is required, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01223 336087.
The Archives Centre is currently limiting the number of tours and group visits it can offer. We will prioritise educational groups. For more information email Dr Amanda Jones.By prior arrangement, group visits for school parties can be arranged. Such tours are particularly relevant to GCSE and A’ Level history students and feature:
- A ‘behind the scenes’ tour of the Centre.
- Practical guidance on how to use primary sources for research.
- An insight into the work of the Archives Centre and its collections.
- Displays of archive material from the Churchill Papers and other collections, drawing on material dating from the 15th to the 20th centuries and tailored to reflect the periods studied in the classroom.
- School parties can also visit the exhibitions outside Cambridge
Guides to using archives
Find out how best to make use of digital and traditional archives below: