In 2003 the Archives Centre began a programme to provide online information on all our collections. By May 2004 we had information available for 50 per cent of these. By February 2005 this number was up to 70 per cent and we finally achieved our goal of 100 per cent by February 2006. These online finding aids are available on the ArchiveSearch webserver which provides access to catalogues of archives and manuscripts held in Cambridge.
Due to our continuing cataloguing programme, we are making more material available to researchers all the time. Besides whole new collections opening up, additions also continue to be made to our miscellaneous papers (MISC) and to the Additional Churchill Papers (WCHL). Papers which have been closed are also opened regularly, mainly in January each year.
The following list of newly-available papers, which will continue to be updated as more papers are opened up, only includes openings or new cataloguing of significant amounts of material: for the full list of our collections, see our Full Guide.
- GEIK: File of letters kept by Ivo Geikie-Cobb, on his work as a BBC commissioning editor during the war, catalogued in 2023 (1 file)
- LAUT: Papers of the international lawyer Sir Hersch Lauterpacht, catalogued in 2022-23 (88 boxes)
- WDVS: Additional papers of Admiral Sir William Davis, catalogued in 2022-23 (12 boxes).
- OTCL: Register of the Other Club, volume II, 1945-2003, catalogued in 2023 (2 boxes).
- CHPA: A collection of pamphlets featuring speeches, articles or other text by Sir Winston Churchill, catalogued in 2022 (8 boxes).
- WILN: Papers of the nuclear physicist Sir Denys Wilkinson, catalogued in 2022 (13 boxes).
- RBTN: Papers of the diplomat Sir Malcolm Robertson, catalogued in 2022 (29 boxes).